A Day in the Life of an Orthopaedic Specialist
This three hour course will provide you with information about all the specialties listed listed below. We will also touch
on other topics, including schooling/program requirements, getting into practice/the work force, and what a
typical day is like. During the TRIA experience, you will hear about our philosophy on patient centered care, and a few
of our unique programs, including a previously recorded ACL reconstruction. Our education coordinator
will work with you to schedule a four hour observation to occur within 60 days of completion of this program.
- Gain a general introduction to TRIA Orthopaedic Center and the orthopaedic profession.
- Become acquainted with the specific roles of different orthopaedic specialists, allowing for future opportunities to directly observe a specialist in a clinical or ambulatory environment.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the requirements and education needed to pursue a career in various orthopaedic roles.
- Introduction to available resources and how to utilize them.
Primary areas of focus include:
|Medical School, Residency, Fellowship
Additionally, we will touch on the following topics:
*Please note, topics are subject to change
Observation After the Program
After attending this course, you will be allowed one 4 hour observation in an orthopaedic specialty of your choice. The observation must be completed within 60 days after the program date you attended. On the day of the program you attend, you will be required to provide two dates on which you are available to observe. An education coordinator from TRIA will confirm one of your chosen dates with you within two weeks of the program's completion.
There is no charge to attend this course.
- Thursday, March 20, 2014
- Wednesday, May 21, 2014
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Thursday, October 16, 2014
- You must be 16 or older.
- You must attend this program before you can observe at TRIA.
- Please complete the registration form below. You will receive a confirmation prior to the program date once you are registered.
- Send in a signed copy of the Guidelines and Confidentiality Agreement form. This document must be received prior to the scheduled program date.
TRIA Orthopaedic Center
8100 Northland Drive
Bloomington, MN 55431
On the day of the course...
Please bring the following things with you:
- Two dates you are available to observe.
- The area in which you would like to observe.
- A record of your immunizations.
If you are a medical professional or a graduate student required to complete observation hours as part of your course work, please contact our observation program at email@example.com or (952) 806-5603 to speak with one of our education coordinators.