Physical Therapy Volunteer Opportunities
TRIA offers a limited number of volunteer opportunities to pre-physical therapy undergraduate college students
who need to volunteer in order to accumulate hours toward their application to a Physical Therapy Doctoral program.
- Volunteers must be an undergraduate or a graduated pre-physical therapy student who need to accumulate hours
towards their physical therapy school application. Unfortunately, due to the high demand of students who need to volunteer to accumulate
hours, volunteer opportunities are limited to this population.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to both of the following: 1) at least 10 weeks of volunteering and 2) a minimum
of 50 total hours. We are unable to accommodate individuals who cannot meet these two requirements. Additionally, should
a volunteer agree to the requirements and fail to meet one or both of the time requirements, volunteer hours will not be
Examples of Volunteer Responsibilities
Schedule includes one or more recurring four or five hour shifts per week (during the summer months fewer additional shifts are available).
All volunteers will be required to complete volunteer orientation, a health assessment, and have a background check prior to starting their first shift.
- General clinic cleaning
- Assisting frontline staff and physical therapy aides
- Occasionally assisting physical therapists
If you are interested in volunteering and meet the requirements listed above, please email
Your email should include in the subject line "Physical Therapy Volunteering at TRIA Orthopaedic Center".
You should also copy and paste the following questions into the body of your email and provide answers to each question:
- Have you done any other volunteering or shadowing?
- What school are you currently attending and what is your major?
- Which Physical Therapy School(s) are you planning to apply to?
- What are your goals for volunteering in TRIA Physical Therapy?